With 20 years experience in helping Fortune 500 companies with their Information Technology needs, Gilbert A. Darrell has worked on projects for Microsoft, Energizer, Siemens, Wal-Mart, Target, Sears, Macy’s and many other Fortune 500 companies.
Founder and CEO of Horizon Communications in Bermuda(www.Horizon.bm)
Gilbert A. Darrell has 20 + years in Emergency Medicine, EMS and Medical Training we can consult, staff and train your company.
Gilbert A. Darrell was proud to provide Medical Staffing for the 2017 America’s Cup in Bermuda.
Since 2013 Gilbert A. Darrell has worked on block chain technologies from mining various projects to setting up the technology for businesses.
Gilbert A. Darrell is proud to join the Bermuda CryptoCurrency Task Force to help drive innovation and the technology in Bermuda.
Darrell Information Technology (United States and Bermuda)
In charge of up to 30 employees and contractors during this time in I.T. contracting and consulting for major fortune 500 companies like Cisco, Microsoft, Energizer, Target, Wal-Mart, Sears etc. Also ran retail and cellular stores for all major wireless companies over a 10 year time frame.
Horizon Communications (startup) – Founder:
Wireless Telecommunications startup. Lead formation of company, capital raising, technology plan and design. Vetted and approved by leading private equity firm and major telecommunications companies. Launching mid to late 2020.
Bermuda Air (Bermuda) (startup) – Founder:
Air service focusing on medical transports and charter service between the USA and Bermuda. Lead formation of the company, staffing and medical plan, aviation design and aircraft selection, business interfacing with major insurance companies. Launching mid to late 2020.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- CCNA (one of the first NYS students accepted in the Cisco Networking Academy) MCSE A+ N+
- Anatomy & Physiology 2 – 3 credit class with lab
- Chemistry I – 4 credits with lab
- Chemistry II – 5 credits with lab
American Military University (2011-2015)
- Enrolled in Bachelors Program for Pre-Medical : with Major in Emergency Management – 1 class remaining (Math)
Summary of Emergency Medicine Experience
- NYS Paramedic
- NYS EMT-P #312625
- Volunteer Paramedic with King Edwards Memorial Hospital, Bermuda 2011-Present
- Volunteer Paramedic with St. Johns Ambulance, Bermuda 2012-Present
- Emergency Medicine Instructor with St. Johns Ambulance, Bermuda
- Paramedic with Capital Ambulance Service 2011-2014
- Paramedic with Chatham Rescue Squad 2012-2015
- Paramedic Internship at Colonie EMS and Clifton Park EMS 2010 – 7 Months
- Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) in NYS Since 2003
- Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) at Rotterdam EMS from 2003 – 2007
- Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) at Empire Ambulance 2009-2010
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Instructor with Albany Medical Center
- EMT Instructor for Schenectady County Community College
- Researcher with Dr. Mike Dailey on Emergency Medicine topics at Albany Medical Center
- Pediatric Life Support Provider
- NYS & National Fire Instructor – Over 360 hours in NYS Classes in Fire Science and Rescue in addition.
Emergency Management Experience
Bermuda Fire Service Advisory Board 2018-Present.
New York State and Nationally Certified Fire Service Instructor since 2009.
New York State Fire 400+ Training Hours: Firefighter 1 & 2, Fire Instructor 1, Auto Vehicle Extrication, Rope Tech Basic, Rope Tech Intermediate, Fire Arson Awareness, Intro to Fire Officer, Incident Command System 200, Incident Command System 700, Taking Incident Command, Truck Company Operations, Firefighter Survival, Firefighter Assist and Search Team, Live Fire Training 1A/1B, Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting.
Federal Emergency Responder Training
Terrorist Bombing Incidents (Socorro NM 2009) 1 Week Course, certified as a Trainer.
Responding to Pressurized Liquid Terrorist Fires (Elko NM 2007 ).
Firefighter with Mariaville and South Schenectady Fire Departments, 1997- 2010.
Communications Technician for New York State Urban Search and Rescue Team 2
deployed from Albany NY. 2008-2009.
Front Line Command Officer for 2 years at South Schenectady Fire.
Training Officer, So. Schenectady Fire, 2005 – 2010 (up to 50 firefighters at one time).